Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Truth.

I woke up today and suddenly got into the mood to blog, so I opened my laptop, logged into blogger and dang, my mind went blank.

I ended up blog surfing and bumped into a survey that asked me to describe myself with 10 separate words/phrases. It then dawned on me that it'll be quite interesting to get people whom I've known since the different phases of my life to describe me. Hence I browsed through my MSN list and got 3 respondents that gamely entertained my request! Thanks!


Respondent: C
Phase: Since University
Age: Younger than me

1) owl
2) clubber
3) hardworking
4) kind
5) easy to bully
6) permanently online
7) alvin's and stella's light blub
8) very chi qing
9) nice to friends
10) contradicting thoughts


Respondent: A
Phase: Since Secondary School
Age: Same age as me

1) intuitive
2) pessimistic or maybe just think too much too often
3) ambitious
4) sensitive
5) confident
6) outgoing and enjoys good company
7) easily bored therefore craves changes/excitement
8) commitment phobic??!
9) has a calming effect on others....but sometimes to the point of being seemingly detached
10) great listener who is overly objective most times!!!!!


Respondent: S
Phase: Since Junior College
Age: Older than me

1) a young man too eager to grow old
2) his eyes are definitely the windows to his soul
3) a very carefully thought through risk taker
4) a workaholic by day, an alcoholic by night
5) a wannabe 'playa' who can never find the heart to be one simply because he's too nice
6) a man who will fight for what he wants, when he actually knows what he wants
7) excellent taste in food, bad taste in women
8) loves his friends to a T,but needs to learn to love himself more
9) rough around the edges but all heart inside
10) a wise fool who has so much love to give


I have to specially thank S for her insightful and smart words that just blew me away. I noticed lots of contradicting phrases about myself. Am I really so contradicting at times? Well, I promised not to censor, dispute, or comment on the words that I've gotten, so here they are. I kept my side of the bargain yeah?

Time for me to think through these 30 lines, and do some reflections. Alone.

Have a good week ahead, Friends.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to know that my words have caused some stir in you.. We are all a huge contradiction in our own lives. Sometimes I think, the real meaning of life and what we are supposed to "learn" at the end of the road is how to figure out all these contradictions to become 1 true person to ALL the people around us.
-S

11:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

finally get a chance to come see ur blog again and check out wat the others said abt u...i think S is spot on with most things esp "excellent taste in food, bad taste in women" definitely something to mull over !!! ^^
-piggy

3:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home